FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CineKink Film Festival To Open With ‘Inside Her Sex,’ Sets Focus on Women and Pleasure
NEW YORK, NY; February 19, 2015 – CineKink has announced that the US premiere of INSIDE HER SEX will be the “Season Opener” selection for its twelfth annual film festival, CineKink NYC, running February 24-March 1, 2015.
Directed by Sheona McDonald, the documentary explores female sexuality, and its intersection with shame, through the eyes and experiences of three women – Candice, Elle and Samantha – each brave enough to chart her own course of sexual discovery. While the women have little in common, each have faced their sexual selves head on, choosing to step outside the bounds of what society has dictated and find their own way forward.
“INSIDE HER SEX is a fascinating look at the many ways in which we’re told and taught to view ourselves sexually, and how we might move beyond that,” said Lisa Vandever, co-founder and director of CineKink. “It’s also a perfect film to launch this year’s festival, one in which female sexual expression, and female creativity, are especially prominent.”
Along with a short documentary, IT’S MY BIRTHDAY AND I’LL FLY IF I WANT TO, from director Morgana Muses, INSIDE HER SEX will screen on Wednesday, February 25, 7:00 PM at Anthology Film Archives (32 Second Avenue, NYC), where the majority of CineKink NYC’s screenings are also unfolding.
Several other programs in the festival line-up will continue CineKink’s focus on female pleasure and self-expression:
– LUST STORIES is a collection of lust-filled, female-centric shorts from women directors (Friday, 2/27, 7:15 PM).
– A TRIBUTE TO CLUB 90 brings together four denizens of NYC’s “Golden Era of Porn” – Veronica Hart, Candida Royalle, Annie Sprinkle and Veronica Vera – for a rare public appearance and some frank reminiscing (Friday, 2/27, 9:30 PM).
– HIGH SHINE: 15 YEARS OF INTERNATIONAL MS BOOTBLACK pays tribute to the many woman-identified bootblacks of the leather community, and the traditions and practices that sustain them (Saturday, 2/28, 1:00 PM).
– A feminist porn edition of BRING IT!, CineKink’s annual showdown, features an array of talent from today’s adult cinema (Saturday, 2/28, 5:00 PM).
– And award-winning filmmaker, Jennifer Lyon Bell, will present a workshop, FROM FANTASY TO FILM: DESIGN YOUR OWN PORN, for those inspired to create their own erotic cinema (Sunday, 3/1, 2:00 PM).
CineKink NYC kicks off Tuesday, February 24, with a gala fundraising party at Taj Lounge (48 W. 21st, NYC), and runs through Sunday, March 1, concluding with an awards ceremony and an AfterGlow closing party.
For more information and tickets, visit http://www.cinekink.com
FOR A LINK TO THIS PRESS RELEASE:
FOR A LINK TO FULL FESTIVAL LINE-UP:
FOR EVENT LISTINGS:
ADDITIONAL MATERIALS/EVENT CREDENTIALS
CONTACT: Lisa Vandever
EMAIL: press2015 * at * cinekink.com
ABOUT CINEKINK NYC
Billing itself as “the kinky film festival,” CineKink NYC returns for its 12th annual appearance February 24-March 1, 2015, to be followed by a national showcase tour. Presented by CineKink, an organization dedicated to the recognition and encouragement of sex-positive and kink-friendly depictions in film and television, works featured at CineKink